Thanks to Mrs. 4444 for hosting “Friday Fragments” over at her place:
Musings I’ve had throughout the week:
- 6-days in a row of competitive swimming, outdoors in 95+ degree weather will cause a 12-year old to have a complete meltdown due to exhaustion when he is awakened at 5am on day 7 for 6am swimming practice.
- Taking time to pack a cooler full of healthy bites for said days of competitive swimming is time that is wasted because all 3 will just keep asking for $$$ for the concession stand.
- Giving $$$$ to my swimmers without specifying what they are allowed to spend it on will result in blue mouths, sugar highs, and a massive sugar crash.
- Having a husband that is a DIYer is VERY handy when it comes to improving your home!
- Hosting an outdoor swimming invitational for 2 9-hour days kinda sucks the life out of you.
- The power of prayer can do amazing things.
- Comedian, Steve Martin, is a very talented author. “An Object of Beauty”, is my latest read and I was amazed!
- My boys must be having growth spurts, I can’t keep them full and they are eating everything in sight!
- Having elite swimmers is a great feeling, but it sure makes championship swimming season looooonnnnnggggg.
- Someone really needs to figure out how to put a “fold laundry” cycle on my dryer.
- Getting a pedicure makes me feel like a new woman!
- I become nervous when my 12-year old talks about modifying Nerf guns, and the fact that he looks up everything he needs to know on the internet kind of impresses me.
- As much as we need the rain, I really am hoping for a clear weekend so that I can relax by the pool.